Sunday, August 10, 2014

Unfulfilled dreams...

I was randomly thinking the other day about horses. I have loved horses for as long as I was aware of their existence. For decades they consumed my existence. I wanted a horse of my own with every ounce of my being. And always knew one day I would have one. Such magic, beauty. Words cannot describe their magnificence.  

The smell of a barn, the dust from the paths, the wet mark on the horse's back from under the saddle, the sound of a canter or trot  -- ah, nostalgia. 

Suddenly, it occurred to me that I may never get a horse. I was alarmed. And in shock, really. The thought had never crossed my mind. I just always knew I would one day share my heart with a special horse.  But, on this very day, seeing as my life was playing out every way but the way I imagined, the possibility of dying without fulfilling that dream was very real. And a raw, cold bitterness and stillness filled my veins. 

Then I thought, no way. I will not die without fulfilling my dream(s).  A swift shake of my head accompanied this denial. 

It was at that moment I realized something tragic. Of all the most powerful dreams we have, as children or even as we are older, I imagine that a great majority are never fulfilled. Countless numbers of people settle for a life so much less than they intended. They give up on their dreams every single day. They fall victim to fears and self-limiting beliefs. 

How terribly sad. With all the critics in the world, we need some more people who encourage us to dream and believe

It was very painful to empathically feel dreams flying by the wayside into the abyss. The sour taste of conforming to mediocrity.  The deep emptiness that pulsates within your chest and bubbles up to your throat. 

So, here I am today. I am the parental voice speaking to (and nurturing) your inner child. The child within you that dances with joy and dreams in vivid grandeur.  

Dream Big. Dream often. Chase your dreams, no matter where they take you. Believe in yourself and your abilities. Believe you deserve it. Because you do. You are worthy. You are beautiful and perfect and whole. You need nothing, but you can explore and play and express yourself and your dreams freely. You are magnificent. Anything you desire you can manifest, if you so choose. 

Please, if you do me - no, yourself - just one service, allow it to be openness that mimics the wonderment of a child. Follow what your heart speaks and chase down those dreams. This is your life. Allow yourself to live it, to love it (and love yourself) and do it fully. Today. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, this was very lovely and beautifully written from the heart. I pray I will let go of my fears, to fulfill my dreams :) and reading this article touched me <3 God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment. I am so glad to hear you were touched by this. And I am so hoping you boldly follow where your dreams take you in this precious life. If there is any way I can support you simply email me or reach out. Enjoy the holiday today and have a great week. Xo. Lots of love.

      Delete