Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Sweet Stuff...

*To sign up to receive these by email, join the list at http://madmimi.com/signups/86572/join

I've always been one to enjoy a dessert item after eating. It's just been a habit I formed based on craving sweets after meals. It never became a problem and I never thought anything of it... until this week.
I have been reaching for more and more (vegan) chocolate, cookies and anything sweet throughout the day, more often. It's like my appetite for it became insatiable.
It wasn't until someone tried to pin me down with "diabetes" and asked why I was eating so much sugar that I realized perhaps there was something more to this sweet craving than I originally thought.
From my health coaching schooling, I know that cravings can say a lot about us, our needs and what's going on both physically and emotionally. Cravings can indicate a nutritional deficiency but they can also alert us to emotional deficiencies.
I decided to Google the emotional reasons behind sugar cravings, as I have been going through a lot lately within myself and felt I may find something of value there. Not surprisingly, this is what I stumbled upon on MindBodyGreen.com:
Sweet cravings are probably the most frequent craving people report to me. These people are often working too long and hard, moving from one to-do list item to another and feeling exhausted. The real reason for this craving is they aren’t experiencing enough joy — it's evaporated into their daily grind.
As a working mother of three girls, two of them under 3 years old, I find little time to enjoy life and often hop from one to-do to the next, leaving a laundry list (and lots of actual laundry) behind of things I didn't yet get to that have to get done. Sleep is lacking, the winter brought with it many "bugs" that kept the children awake through the night, uncomfortable, and rest is considered a luxury that I cannot often afford. Paired with my struggles lately that have been popping up on the emotional journey after committing to ditching the defensive attitude I sometimes react with, books I have been reading that trigger things inside of me, and a general lack of time to do what I enjoy and makes me Who I Am, it's just no wonder I reach for the sweet stuff.
My body has been craving joy. And while there are healthy food alternatives to the sweet stuff I reach for, nothing - and no one - can fill that gaping hole except for me. Our body is always speaking to us. The awareness it brings can lead us to powerful discoveries that help us through to transformation.
Finding out what I did on Google was no coincident. I needed to find this, read it and realize what is missing. It's now my job to make myself whole, again, and make healthier choices for my life.
Our internal guidance system is always on, always sounding off alarms and guiding us where we need to go. It speaks to us on the regular. Once we begin to listen, and trust this inner wisdom, we are on the road to discovery, healing and well-being.
What is your body and intuition speaking to you that maybe you have not been listening to? Take some time today to think about this...
Sending love and light.
xo
----------------
For inspi-pics, check out my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/camille_lucy_26/
Check out my blog posts at LiveFullyToday.Blogspot.com
If there is anything I can do to support you on your journey to transformation, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Check out my first book here: www.TheRealLoveExperiment.com
In the interim, join me on Facebook for daily inspirations: www.facebook.com/LiveFullToday

No comments:

Post a Comment